Sunday, March 20, 2016

Reality!

So, the reality of what I have taken on is a real job. I have completed, successfully I might add my first two classes. This has overwhelmed my life in such a way that I have not been able to update my blog. I have turned away friends request left and right. I have even considered that I may seriously have learning disabilities. The fact is that I probably do, I'm just learning to work within them.


Although it may appear as though I am complaining, the truth is that I have enjoyed every moment of this new personal growth. Earlier in my post I have written about my fears and concerns of the expense of this program. This is still the case only I see and feel the reward of my successfully completing the Global Leadership program. I love it!!!


My first two classes have been World Religions and Religious Perspectives. Our professor was Dr. Wayne Perkins. I have no words to express how grateful and blessed I feel for having him as our instructor. Dr. Perkins brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the classroom that I suspect goes unmatched in over 90% of the universities in the United States today. He has taught at UE for 43 years, never missing a day. I will try to locate his CV and post it at some point.


We focused very intensly on the major religions of the world begining with Judaism, the begining of Christianity and the Roman Catholic Church as well as the reformation and Protestantism. We learned about many of the Christian Cults and their effects on society.


In the Religious Perspectives program we were introduced to the religions of India. Our focus was in the major beliefs and practices of Hinduism, Jainism and Sikhism. We were then lead through the history of and major beliefs of Buddhism.


The next section of this class focused on Chinese Perspectives, Taoism,and Confucianism. We finished up with a study of Islam. We reserched and earned a great understanding of their major beliefs as well as the two major sects of




No comments:

Post a Comment